School Uniform & Tracksuit
Uniform Guidelines for school year 2018/2019
- All new entrants to the school must follow the new uniform code.
- The uniform consists of a pale blue shirt/blouse, navy v neck jumper/cardigan, red elasticated tie( available to purchase from school office),navy skirt/pinafore/trousers.
- Plain navy tracksuit with school crest and light blue polo shirt. Tracksuits with crest embroidered on may be ordered from the school.If parents wish to buy a plain navy tracksuit elsewhere they must purchase the crest from the school at a cost of €4 and stitch it onto the tracksuit top.
- Uniform is normally worn three days a week and the tracksuit is worn twice a week. The days the pupil will wear the tracksuit is decided on a class by class basis with reference to the class timetable and activities.
- Pupils currently enrolled in the school can continue to wear their current tracksuit until they need to replace it. All new tracksuits purchased must be navy with the new school crest.
- Pupils from 4th class down are requested to wear the new uniform when they return to school at the end of August.
- Children of parents currently enrolled in the school from 4th class up who have strong objections to the uniform will not be compelled to wear the uniform and may continue to wear the tracksuit. The school and the Board of Management are in favour of the uniform.
A uniform tracksuit is worn on P.E. days instead of the regular uniform.
It is very important that children wear runners on P.E. days for safety reasons. All footwear worn to school should be suitable for active play during lunchtime.
School uniform or tracksuits must be worn at all times except on non-uniform days and you will be notified about these.